- April– Rizwan Ahmed receives a Grant from the “Diabetes Research Connection Foundation” for “A New Approach to Disrupting the Onset of T1D”
- March– Rizwan Ahmed receives the Paul Ehrlich Award from JHU School of Medicine
- February– Rizwan Ahmed presents at the nPOD conference in Tampa, FL
- February– Rizwan Ahmed received “Trainee Abstract “ & “Travel Grant” for Podium talk at American Association of Immunology (AAI).
- January– Adebola Giwa receives the JHH Martin Luther King Jr Award for service
- September– Hamad lab receives 1 Million dollar Keck Foundation Grant
- September – Adebola Giwa receives Domer Dozen Award from the University of Notre Dame for work in Hamad lab and service work to the community
- September – Adebola Giwa presents research at NIH for a Oral and Poster Presentation at the Midwest Diabetes and Obesity Symposium
- June – Rizwan Ahmed and Adebola Giwa comes in 2nd place for poster presentation on Johns Hopkins 19th Autoimmunity Day
- May – Lab publishes X Cell data in journal, Cell
- May – Adebola Giwa presents research at Johns Hopkins Resident & Fellow Scholarly Achievement Day
- April– April – Rizwan Ahmed (Top winner), Zahra Omidian & Mohanraj Sadasivam received the Pathology Young Investigators’ Day Award for “Excellence in Basic Research” at 21st Annual Department of Pathology Young Investigators’ Day from Dept. of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, USA.
- March– Mohanraj Sadasivam -Received “ Leigh Thompson Excellence in Research: Basic Research Fellow Award” at the 2019 DOM/WSE Research Retreat from Dept. of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, USA.
- February– Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (JASN) published and highlighted the article (Activation and Proliferation of PD-1+ Kidney Double-Negative T Cells Is Dependent on Nonclassical MHC Proteins and IL-2) “ON THE COVER” page of the journal in February issue.
- March– Mohanraj Sadasivam received the ‘Pathology Young Investigators’ Day Award for “Excellence in Basic Research” at 20th Annual Department of Pathology Young Investigators’ Day from Dept. of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, USA.
- February – Lab presents research at JDRF nPOD 10th Annual Conference in Hollywood, FL